Manufacturer: Copley Scientific / Testo / TSI / Becker
NGI-Set consists of:
1. Copley Scientific Next Generation Impactor (NGI) Model 170 incl. Pre-Separator and Induction Port
2. Copley Scientific Critical Flow Controller TPK 2 (equivalent to ERWEKA TPK 2 that can be ordered instead)
3. Testo 511, a pocket-sized Absolute Pressure Measuring Instrument
4. TSI Thermal Mass Flowmeter 4040 F Series 4000
5. Becker VT 4.40 Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump (equivalent to ERWEKA HVP 1000 that can be ordered instead)
1. Copley Scientific Next Generation Impactor (NGI) Model 170 incl. Pre-Separator and Induction Port:
Asset Nr: SM-136
Last Date of Mensuration: 07.07.2016
(We have a higher quantity with YoM between 2008-2012)
The Next Generation Impactor (NGI) is a high-performance, precision, particle classifying cascade impactor, designed specifically for the pharmaceutical industry for testing metered-dose inhalers (MDI), dry-powder inhalers (DPI), nebulizers and nasal sprays.
The impactor itself comprises just three main parts:
- The cup tray containing the eight collection removable impaction cups used to collect the samples prior to analysis.
- The bottom frame (with Handle attached) used to support the cup tray, which conveniently inserts and removes collection cups from impactor, providing structure for clamping and sealing mechanism.
- The lid containing the inter-stage passageways and the seal body which holds the nozzles (accelerate air streams to impact particles on collection cups) incl. all O-Rings in place.
In routine operation, the three parts are held together using the handle clamping mechanism. Each circular nozzle assembly (stage) is held above a tear-shaped cup in a single seal body.
The accessories of the NGI include:
- Induction Port (compendial method of attaching inhalers to impactor. Ph.Eur./USP Induction Port comes with titanium nitride coating on exterior male taper)
- Pre-Separator (captures large diluent particles. The Pre-Separator?s main function is to retain the large, inert particles typically found in dry-powder inhalers. The Three-Piece Pre-Separator consisting of Bottom, Insert and Top is designed to capture these particles without affecting the size distribution of the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
- State of the art aerodynamic performance
- Operates at any flow rate between 15 and 100 L/min
- Particle size range covered: 0.24 to 11.7 microns (dependent on flow rate)
- 7 impaction stages total with 5 stages always in the cut-off range between 0.54 and 6.12 microns
- Corrosion resistant construction
- Electrically conductive; unaffected by static
- Excellent accuracy providing high-accuracy data, reproducibility and stage efficiency: all stages 500 < Re < 3000
- Easy drug recovery with low inter-stage losses
- One Pre-Separator for entire range of 30 L/min to 100 L/min w/o changing parts
- 316 Stainless Steel USP Induction Port
- Meets and exceeds all USP and EP specifications
There are eight nozzle pieces in the NGI, corresponding to seven size-fractionation stages and a micro-orifice collector (MOC) that takes the place of a final filter. There are many critical dimensions of the NGI, none of which are more important that the diameters of the nozzles in each nozzle piece:
Internal Volumes of NGI:
- Internal volumes of the NGI correspond to 1160 mL internal volume
- Internal volumes of the NGI with induction port and no pre-separator correspond to 1245 mL internal volume
- Internal volumes of the NGI with induction port and pre-separator correspond to 2025 mL internal volume
Maximum Allowable Leak Rate:
- Flow Rate of the NGI: 15 L/min, 30 L/min
- Allowable Leak Rate of the NGI: 6.5, 13.1 kPa/min
- Flow Rate of the NGI with induction port and no pre-separator: 15 L/min, 30 L/min
- Allowable Leak Rate of the NGI with induction port and no pre-separator: 6.1, 12.2 kPa/min
- Flow Rate of the NGI with induction port and pre-separator: 30 L/min
- Allowable Leak Rate of the NGI with induction port and pre-separator: 7.50 kPa/min
2. Copley Scientific Critical Flow Controller TPK 2:
Copley Scientific is recognized as world?s leading manufacturer of inhaler test equipment and is a major supplier of test equipment for pharmaceutical solid dosage forms, including tablet dissolution, disintegration, friability, hardness and powder testers.
The Critical Flow Controller is designed to generate a standardized square-wave breath profile suitable for the routine testing of ?passive? breath activated devices such as Dry Powder Inhalers, where the delivered and fine particle dose of the device is dependent on the strength and duration of the patient?s inspiration.
It controls and documents all the critical parameters associated with the delivered dose testing and aerodynamic particle size distribution measurement of Dry Powder Inhalers (DPIs).
- The TPK 2 menu system automatically guides the user through the correct test set-up procedure
- A series of menus guide the user through the operation of the instrument
- Interaction with the unit is via a touch sensitive membrane keypad
- Flow control valve for flow rate control
- P3 measurement (electronic control)
- P2 measurement (electronic control)
- P1 measurement (electronic control)
- Electronic timer for control of solenoid valve
- 2-way/2-port solenoid valve
- 4-line LCD display of all parameters
- Illuminated mechanical start button and keypad
- P1 range 0-15 kPa, resolution 0.01 kPa
- P2 & P3 range 0-120 kPa, resolution 0.1 kPa
- Timer range 0-999.9s, resolution 0.1s
- Solenoid valve opening/closing time 25/25 ms
- Automatic test set-up function
- Automatic calculation of P3/P2 ratio
- Actuation setting/counting function
- External temperature/humidity sensor module
- Flow meter DFM 2000/DFM 3 interface
- USB printer port interface for data output
- Foot switch (or TTL input) interface for remote actuation
- RS232 (serial) interface for data output and remote actuation
- Impactor leak test function
- User calibration function
- Storage of calibration time/date
- Total impactor Delta-P function
- Spacer/VHC testing delay function
3. Testo 511, a pocket-sized Absolute Pressure Measuring Instrument:
P/N: 0560 0511
The Testo 511 absolute pressure meter is small, handy, and practical. It can be used to measure absolute pressure, such as for density compensation in flow measurement in ducts, laboratories, and production processes. Other measurement parameters include barometric air pressure (air pressure at sea level), and altitude above sea levels, it is also suitable for measuring the barometric altitude between two points.
- High-precision absolute pressure measurement, with an accuracy of ±3 hPa
- Suitable for barometric altitude measurements
- Calculates barometric air pressure
- 8 pressure units available, including Pa, hPa, mbar, mmHg, mmH2O, inHg, inH2O, and psi
- Absolute Pressure:
Measuring range: 120 to 480 InH2O / 300 to 1200 hPa
Accuracy: ±1 InH2O ± 1 Digit / ±3 hPa ± 1 Digit
Resolution: 0.1 InH2O / 0.1 hPa
Measuring rate: 0.5 sec
- Dimensions: 119 x 46 x 25 mm (incl. protective cap)
- Operating temperature: 0 to +50 °C
- Protection class: IP40
- Seceltable units: hPa, mmH2O, inH2O, inHg, mmHg, kPa, psi
- Battery type: 2 AAA batteries
- Storage temperature: -40 to +70 °C
- Weight: 90 g (with batteries)
4. TSI Thermal Mass Flowmeter 4040 F Series 4000:
Part No.: 4040
MFG date: 2017
TSI Thermal Mass Flowmeter 4040 is a high flow gas monitor which includes a proprietary platinum film sensor design for measuring gas flows in applications demanding fast response and high accuracy over a wide flow range.
Whether measuring gas flows in a laboratory, hospital or clinic, or manufacturing setting, TSI general purpose mass flow meter provides accurate results and support multiple data output options. The display versions come complete with accessories, making setup and operation fast and convenient.
The TSI mass flow meters is specified as two percent of flow rate reading. One TSI mass flow meter covers the same range as three percent (or more) of full scale devices, with better accuracy at most points.
Fast four-millisecond response ensures accuracy in fluctuating flows. This fast response time is ideal for closed-loop control systems and integrated volume measurements. Low pressure drop minimizes flow circuit back pressure and its impact on the system.
- 4 millisecond flow response
- High accuracy ±2 % of reading
- High turndown ratio
- Low pressure drop
- Convenient analog output of flow rate
- Versatile digital output of flow rate, volume, pressure, temperature
- Built-in temperature and pressure compensation
- NIST-traceable calibration certificate included at no additional cost
- RS232 Interface for digital outputs and configurable device options
- Set analog output zero and scaling
- Specify start/stop trigger levels for volume measurement
- Set update rate for LCD display
- Set sampling rate for analog and digital outputs
- Select gas calibration
- Select either standard or volumetric flow measurement
- Flow Measurement: 0-300 Std L/min
- Volume Measurement: 0.01 ? 99.9 liters
- Pressure Measurement: 50-199 kPa absolute
- Temperature Measurement: 0-50°C
Gas Calibration: Air, O2, N2
Connection: 22mm ISO tapered
LCD Display Units: L/min, Std L/min
Overall Dimensions: 182 x 63 x 53 mm
5. Becker VT 4.40 Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump:
MFG date: 2010-2014 (can be choosen)
Description and features:
This rotary vane vacuum pump is air-cooled incl. integrated suction filter, vacuum regulating valve and blow off valve. Simplicity of design with only one shaft and direct drive produces a robust, long-lasting vacuum pump with low maintenance and running costs. This vacuum pump operates completely oil-free; the individual chambers are separated by long-life vanes. Already featuring integrated intake filters and control valves, these vacuum pumps can be fitted with other accessories without a problem. The compact cover ensures low noise and heat emission. Optional corrosion protection also makes it suitable for extracting moist air.
- Frequency: 50/60Hz
- Max. suction air rate: 40/48 m3/h
- Max. vacuum: 150/150 mbar abs.
- Max. vacuum: -850/-850 mbar rel.
- Max. motor capacity: 1,25/1,50 KW
- Copley Scientific Next Generation Impactor (NGI) Model 170 , fully assembled
- NGI Induction Port
- NGI Pre-Separator
- Stage Mensuration Certificate for NGI of each year
- Copley Scientific Critical Flow Controller Model TPK 2000
- Testo 511 (pictures will follow)
- TSI Thermal Mass Flowmeter 4040 F Series 4000 (pictures will follow)
- Becker VT 4.40 Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump
- Instruction Manuals
- Maintenance, Mensuration and Purchase History Documentation in one Folder
The items are in very good cosmetic condition, 100 % functionally tested and ready for your operations. It comes with a folder containing Purchase Documentation, Servicing and Maintenance History, Manuals etc.