Camag UV Lamp 4 Dual Wavelength 254/366 nm 2 x 8 Watts
Model: Dual Wavelength UV Lamp 4
- Two UV tubes for illumination (1 × UV 254 nm & 1 × UV 366 nm, each 8W)
- Convenient handling through one button operation for each UV tube
- Homogeneous illumination
- Improved user safety through tilt sensor and timer (automatic switch-off after 10 min)
- Two types of UV light are required for inspecting thin-Layer chromatograms:
Long-wave UV light 366 nm
Under long-wave UV light substances that can be excited to fluoresce appear as bright spots, often differently colored, on a dark background. The sensitivity of this detection method
increases with the intensity of the UV light and also as more visible light is eliminated.
Short-wave UV light 254nm
Under 254 nm UV substances absorbing at that wavelength become visible, provided the TLC layer contains a fluorescent indicator, e.g. F254. These substances appear as dark spots on a
– Dual Wavelength UV Lamp 4
– Power Supply
The UV Lamp is in used but very good condition and 100% functional tested.