Manufacturer: Copley Scientific
Model: Next Generation Impactor (NGI) Model 170
(We have a higher quantity with YoM between 2008-2012)
Last Date of Mensuration: 07.07.2016
The Next Generation Impactor (NGI) is a high-performance, precision, particle classifying cascade impactor, designed specifically for the pharmaceutical industry for testing metered-dose inhalers (MDI), dry-powder inhalers (DPI), nebulizers and nasal sprays.
The impactor itself comprises just three main parts:
- The cup tray containing the eight collection removable impaction cups used to collect the samples prior to analysis.
- The bottom frame (with Handle attached) used to support the cup tray, which conveniently inserts and removes collection cups from impactor, providing structure for clamping and sealing mechanism.
- The lid containing the inter-stage passageways and the seal body which holds the nozzles (accelerate air streams to impact particles on collection cups) incl. all O-Rings in place.
In routine operation, the three parts are held together using the handle clamping mechanism. Each circular nozzle assembly (stage) is held above a tear-shaped cup in a single seal body.
The accessories of the NGI include:
- Induction Port (compendial method of attaching inhalers to impactor. Ph.Eur./USP Induction Port comes with titanium nitride coating on exterior male taper)
- Pre-Separator (captures large diluent particles. The Pre-Separator’s main function is to retain the large, inert particles typically found in dry-powder inhalers. The Three-Piece Pre-Separator consisting of Bottom, Insert and Top is designed to capture these particles without affecting the size distribution of the active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
- State of the art aerodynamic performance
- Operates at any flow rate between 15 and 100 L/min
- Particle size range covered: 0.24 to 11.7 microns (dependent on flow rate)
- 7 impaction stages total with 5 stages always in the cut-off range between 0.54 and 6.12 microns
- Corrosion resistant construction
- Electrically conductive; unaffected by static
- Excellent accuracy providing high-accuracy data, reproducibility and stage efficiency: all stages 500 < Re < 3000
- Easy drug recovery with low inter-stage losses
- One Pre-Separator for entire range of 30 L/min to 100 L/min w/o changing parts
- 316 Stainless Steel USP Induction Port
- Meets and exceeds all USP and EP specifications
There are eight nozzle pieces in the NGI, corresponding to seven size-fractionation stages and a micro-orifice collector (MOC) that takes the place of a final filter. There are many critical dimensions of the NGI, none of which are more important that the diameters of the nozzles in each nozzle piece:
- STAGE 1: 1 Hole, 14.3 mm
- STAGE 2: 6 Holes, 4.88 mm
- STAGE 3: 24 Holes, 2.185 mm
- STAGE 4: 52 Holes, 1.207 mm
- STAGE 5: 152 Holes, 608 mm
- STAGE 6: 396 Holes, 323 mm
- STAGE 7: 630 Holes, 206 mm
- MOC: 4032 Holes, 70 microns
Internal Volumes of NGI:
- Internal volumes of the NGI correspond to 1160 mL internal volume
- Internal volumes of the NGI with induction port and no pre-separator correspond to 1245 mL internal volume
- Internal volumes of the NGI with induction port and pre-separator correspond to 2025 mL internal volume
Maximum Allowable Leak Rate:
- Flow Rate of the NGI: 15 L/min, 30 L/min
- Allowable Leak Rate of the NGI: 6.5, 13.1 kPa/min
- Flow Rate of the NGI with induction port and no pre-separator: 15 L/min, 30 L/min
- Allowable Leak Rate of the NGI with induction port and no pre-separator: 6.1, 12.2 kPa/min
- Flow Rate of the NGI with induction port and pre-separator: 30 L/min
- Allowable Leak Rate of the NGI with induction port and pre-separator: 7.50 kPa/min
- Copley Scientific Next Generation Impactor (NGI) Model 170
- NGI Induction Port (P/N: 5203)
- NGI Pre-Separator (P/N: 5204)
- Stage Mensuration Certificate of each Year
- Instruction Manual
- Maintenance, Mensuration and Purchase History Documentation in one Folder
The NGI is in excellent cosmetic condtion. It is 100% functional tested and comes fully assembled (it can be easily disassembled for drug recovery and for cleaning after routine use).
It comes with a folder containig Purchase Documentation, Servicing and Maintenance History, Manuals, etc.