Manufacturer: Molecular Devices
Model: SpectraMax® Plus 384 Microplate Reader Spectrophotometer incl. SoftMax® Pro 5 Software
S/N: MN 02318
The SpectraMax® Plus 384 Microplate Reader from Molecular Devices is a microplate spectrophotometer with a built-in cuvette port. It can run both standard spectrophotometer and microplate reader applications on the same instrument. Read one sample or up to 384 in a single plate read using any standard cuvette, 12 x 75 mm test tube, or 96- or 384-well microplate. For more sample throughput, the system can be easily integrated into a full robotic system and easily adapts to fit sample processing requirements.
This Microplate Reader utilizes Molecular Devices? PathCheck® Sensor that measures the depth (optical pathlength) of samples in a microplate.
With the PathCheck sensor, it is acceptable to have different volumes in the wells, so pipetting does not have to be accurate. Pipetting errors in 96- or 384-well microplates can be detected. The PathCheck sensor measures differences in volume between the wells, so sources of error can be identified and eliminated from data, or absorbance values can be corrected. Quickly and easily test multi-channel dispensers and pipettors. Measuring the depth of the liquid in the well, the PathCheck sensor can determine the volume of liquid dispensed. Even 96- or 384-channel dispensers can be tested in a matter of minutes.
- Test breadth of applications with full spectral range
- Minimize volume and maximize throughput with 96- or 384-well microplate compatibility
- Interface with the SoftMax Pro Software
- Ensure performance with validation tools
Essentially, all UV/VIS spectrophotometric assays that are read in a conventional spectrophotometer or microplate reader can be read in the SpectraMax Plus 384 reader:
- DNA quantitation
- Colorimetric assays
- Drug dissolution profiles
- Enzyme kinetics
SoftMax® Pro 5 Software from Molecular Devices offers extensive data capture, analysis, and reduction capabilities for its absorbance, luminescence, fluorescence, and multi-detection microplate readers for customers working in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, academia, hospital, or government laboratories.
SoftMax® Pro 5 Software provides extensive data acquisition and analysis features for Gemini, LMax, SpectraMax®, VersaMax?, VMax®, EMax®, UVMax, FlexStation®, and ThermoMax benchtop Microplate Readers.
1) Photometric performance:
- Wavelength range: 190?1000 nm
- Wavelength selection: Monochromator, tunable in 1.0 nm, increments
- Wavelength bandwidth: 2 nm
- Wavelength accuracy: ±1.0 nm
- Wavelength repeatability: ±0.2 nm
- Photometric range: 0?4.000 OD
- Photometric resolution: 0.001 OD
- Photometric accuracy (microplate): < ±0.006 OD ±1.0%, 0?2 OD
- Photometric accuracy (cuvette): < ±0.005 OD ±1.0%, 0?2 OD
- Photometric precision: < ±0.003 OD ±1.0%, 0?2 OD
- Baseline flatness: < 0.001 OD
- Stray light: < 0.05% @ 230 nm
- Light source: Xenon flash lamp
- Microplate read time (normal mode): 96 wells in 9 seconds;384 wells in 29 seconds
- Microplate read time (speed read mode): 96 wells in 5 seconds; 384 wells in 16 seconds
2) Temperature regulation:
- Temp. range: Ambient +4°C to 45°C
- Temp. uniformity (microplate): ±0.5°C at 37°C
3) General specifications:
- Dimensions: 22 (H) x 58 (W) x 38 (D) cm
- Weight: 13.6 kg
- Power consumption: < 250 W
- Power source: 240 Vac, 4 A, 50/60 Hz
- Robot compatible
- Molecular Devices SpectraMax® Plus 384 Microplate Reader Spectrophotometer
- Molecular Devices SoftMax® Pro 5 Software
- Power Cord
- Instruction Manual as PDF via E-Mail request
The Microplate Reader is in good cosmetic condition and 100% functional tested. Ready for its duties.