Model: Cooled Incubator MIR-153 w/ 3x Shelves and Digital Precision Reference Thermometer
SANYO’s MIR cooled series incubators have been recognized as exceptional units suitable for a wide range of applications by providing a temperature range of -10°C to 50°C. In pursuit of temperature precision and enhanced operability, the MIR-153 series makes its debut. Incorporating an 8-bit microcomputer, these incubators control the heater and compressor within a precise ±0.2°C and ±1°C range, respectively. In addition, MIR-153 can be applied to a wide variety of experimentation patterns with the aid of a 3-step microcomputer program. This cooled incubator is designed to meet a variety of advanced experimental needs ranging from microorganism cultures and plant germination tests to various constant temperature experiments.
- Microprocessor Control with Feed forward Function:
SANYO Cooled Incubator incorporates a high precision microprocessor temperature control combined with a heater PID and compressor ON-OFF system. This system has a feed forward function that monitors the operating conditions of the compressor, ensuring accurate temperature control of the chamber.
- Energy Savings:
Because heater output and compressor on/off are microprocessor controlled, optimum automatic operation according to ambient temperature and fluctuation of chamber load is possible, resulting in high energy savings.
- CFC-free Foamed-in-place Rigid Polyurethane Insulation:
CFC-free Foamed-in-place polyurethane is used for the chamber because of its high thermal retention and energy saving properties.
- Triple-pane Glass Observation Window plus 15W Fluorescent Lamp:
An easy-to-observe triple-pane glass window and 15W fluorescent lamp are provided for sample observation during experimentation. When observation is not required, a light shielding plate can be easily attached.
- Automatic Setting Temperature Alarm:
When the chamber temperature deviates more than ±2.5°C, all the digits on the digital indicator flash and after 10 minutes a buzzer sounds to notify you. This system also automatically allows for programmed operation or setting value changes.
- Independent Over-temperature Protection Device:
This incubator incorporates an excessive temperature prevention circuit that protects experimentation materials in the rare event that a temperature abnormality does occur. Isolated from the main circuit, this exclusive circuit and sensor operate even if the temperature sensor or micro-processor malfunction, activating an exclusive lamp and buzzer for notification. This system turns off the heater and chamber fan motor when over high temperature is detected and turns off the compressor when over low temperature is detected. A remote alarm contact is provided for monitoring alarm from a remote location.
- Programmed Memory Backup Mechanism:
Should the power source be interrupted due to power failure or other event, programmed data remains stored in memory for approx. 5 hours. When the power source is restored, operation can be continued according to the predetermined program.
- Automatic Return Buzzer Switch:
After an abnormality occurs, the alarm buzzer automatically switches to the ON mode, even if the operator forgets to return the alarm buzzer to the ON mode, thus ensuring safe and secure operation.
- Key Lock Switch:
A key lock switch is provided so that settings may not be changed unintentionally. This prevents the control key from operating unless the lock switch in the switch box is turned to the "OFF" position.
- Auto Return Mechanism:
This mechanism automatically returns the chamber temperature indicator to its normal indication when the control key is not operated for approx. 90 seconds at each setting mode. Thus, normal operation is ensured even if the operator forgets an operational procedure during setting.
- Trouble Monitor (Self Diagnostic Function):
Should a malfunction occur, the location of the malfunction can be digitally indicated, allowing quick operator response.
- Effective capacity: 126 L
- Exterior finish: Baked acrylic finish on galvanized steel
- Interior finish: Stainless steel
- Door: Baked acrylic finish on galvanized steel, triple pane glass with key
- Shelves: PE coated steel wire, adjustable 3
- Insulation: Foamed-in-place rigid polyurethane
- Circulation system: Forced air circulation
- Compressor: Hermetic type; Single phase, output 180W
- Evaporator: Fin and tube type, forced circulation
- Condenser: Wire and tube type natural air cooling system
- Defrosting system: Manual start, automatic finish, natural vaporisation of drain water
- Heater: Cord heater; 141 W
- Temp. setting indication: Digital setting with key lock digital display
- Temperature control: Microprocessor PID system (when compressor operates, ON/OFF control)
- Temperature sensor: Thermistor
- Autom. setting temp. alarm: When temperature deviates approx. ±2,5°C, visual and audible alarm
- Over temp. protection device: Visual and audible alarm
- Programmed operation: 3-step repeat from 1-99 times. Continuous repeat 1 step 0,5~99,5Hr (program memory back up function approx. 5 hours)
- Temperature range: -10°C … +50°C
- Temperature controllability: ±0,2°C at heater PID control (Temp. setting 50°C, ambient temp. 20°C, no load); ±1°C at compressor ON/OFF control (Temp. setting 5°C, ambient temp. 20°C, no load)
- Temperature uniformity: ±0,5°C (Temp. setting 37°C, ambient temp. 20°C, no load)
- Power source: 230/240 V / 50 Hz; 1,4 A
- Exterior dimensions (WxDxH) : 700 x 580 x 1018 mm
- Interior dimensions (WxDxH) : 620 x 386 x 555 mm
- Sanyo Cooled Incubator MIR-153 w/ 3x Shelves and Digital Precision Reference Thermometer
The cooled incubator is in excellent cosmetic as well as technical condition. It is 100% functional tested and ready to be applied.