Model: LightCycler 480 Real Time Thermocycler 384-Well Block
S/N: 20168 (Year 2006)
The Roche LightCycler 480 Real-Time PCR System offers real-time PCR analysis of gene expression, genetic variation and melting curve-based mutation. This compact benchtop instrument uses a fully integrated multi well plate that can be switched out for either 96- or 384-well plate formats without recalibration. Plates also feature a cut-away corner for error free positioning. Reaction volumes can range from 10-100ul for 96-well formats and 5-20ul for 384-well formats. Run times for qPCR are under 40 minutes for a 96-well plate and under an hour for the 384-well. The Roche LightCycler 480 Real-Time qPCR System meets a wide variety of applications such as array validation, SNP analysis, haplotyping, gene-knockdown studies, mutation scanning, and detection of nucleic acids. The LightCycler 480 Real-Time PCR System from Roche Diagnostic?s thermoblocks have improved heat-transfer technology, increasing inter-cycle reproducibility with exceptional well-to-well temperature homogeneity. It also utilizes highly
sensitve opticals, with a specially developed signal collection system, excitation filters ranging from 450nm to 670m, and a high-intensity xenon lamp. Independent analysis of sample positions or differences in reaction volume are made possible by a special arrangement of optical components. Combining the filters allows for multiplexing and multicolor capabilities. The LightCycler 480 Real-Time PCR System software is capable of different analyses of absolute or relative gene quantification, end point or melting curve based genotyping, and product characterization with SYBR Green I assays or Tm calling. With it you can also perform large-scale analyses, visualizing and comparing PCR data collected from multiple runs with ease.
- Sample numbers: Block for 384 samples, easily exchangeable by user
- Reaction volumes: 5 µl - 20 µl
- Temperature control: Peltier-based heating/cooling from 40°C - 95°C; Heated lid, PCR without any overlay (e.g., wax or oil); Passive post-run cooling to < 40°C
- Excitation: 5 excitation filters, high-intensity broad-spectrum xenon lamp
- Detection: 6 detection filters, signals detected online by CCD camera
- Run time: < 40 minutes
- Dynamic range: 1 to 108 copies/well detectable (viral target)
- Power: 240VAC 50/60Hz
- Weight: 60 kg
- Roche LightCycler 480 Real Time Thermocycler 384-Well Block
The Thermocycler is in excellent cosmetic as well as operating condition. It is 100% functional tested and ready for your applications.